About Tim Hellwig
Tim Hellwig is a triathlete in the provisional squad of the German Triathlon Union (DTU). Tim completed his first triathlon in Ludwigshafen in 2011 at the BASF Cup. He celebrated his international debut in 2016 at the Europe Triathlon Junior Cup in Tabor (CZE), which he promptly won. Although Tim Hellwig started the 2017 season with an injury and had to cut back on his running training significantly, the 18-year-old still secured the German Triathlon Junior Championship and qualified for the Junior World Championships in Rotterdam. There he wasn’t able to manage as well with the wet and cold conditions, but came in 17th and gained valuable experience for his future triathlon career. In 2018, he triumphed at the Junior Triathlon European Championships in Tartu, Estonia, and won two silver medals in both the individual category and the mixed team relay. Tim had to pull out of the Junior World Championships at short notice because of an injury.
Hellwig was only able to start the 2019 season late because of an injury, but then won the German U23 Championship title in Berlin. In autumn he achieved another two firsts: his first podium spot in a Continental Cup race, coming third at the European Cup in Funchal, and his World Cup debut in Lima (ranking: 20). A week later in Santo Domingo he achieved a strong eleventh place finish in the World Cup.
The 2020 season was short because of coronavirus, but he used it to make the community sit up and take notice, being ranked 17th at the World Championship in Hamburg, 7th in the World Cup in Arzachena and winning the National Triathlon League race in Saarbrücken.
- 1st place in the National Triathlon League in Saarbrücken, 2020
- 7th place at the Arzachena ITU Triathlon World Cup 2020
- 17th place at the Hamburg Wasser World Triathlon 2020
- 3rd place at the Funchal ETU Sprint Triathlon European Cup Final
- 6th place in the Holten ETU Sprint Triathlon Premium European Cup
- German U23 Champion, Berlin 2019
- 2nd place in the Junior World Championship in Tartu, 2018
- 2nd place in the mixed team relay at the Junior World Championship in Tartu, 2018
- German Junior Champion 2016 and 2017
- 2nd place in the German U23 Championship in 2017…